***Make your own Cookie Butter***
- 5 Ingredients
- Low Carb
- Sugar Free
- Awesomely Ketogenic
Trader Joe’s Cookie Butters have really got to me. On one hand, I want to try them out badly but they is not a single Trader Joe’s in Canada, on the other hand, I am happy I don’t have my hands on it because I’d probably get addicted.
So, what do I do?
I made my own! I’m a stickler for simple recipes. This one calls for just 5 ingredients and works great as a “Fat Bomb” (keto-ers, anybody?). If you’re counting fat grams, watch out for how much of this cookie butter you eat; it can become hard to control yourself! However, I find that if I eat this early in the day, I usually don’t feel hungry until many hours later. Which is great for my satiety!
As pictured above, here is what you need:
Yields about 1 cup of Cookie Butter
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp all natural calorie free sweetener(optional)
- 2 tbsp whey protein isolate (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Freeze for 10 minutes (Add in peppermint candy canes if you’re feeling festive)
- EAT. IT. BY. THE. SPOON. FUL.
Have a soon-to-be Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!